|Help for non-English speakers
If you need help to understand the information in this policy, please contact the school on 9311 9325
The purpose of this induction pack is to ensure Western English Language School Contractors are familiar with our policies and procedures relating to child safety and understand the important role they play in maintaining and promoting the safety of our students.
Contractors must read the suite of policies and procedures in the links below before commencing any work where children are likely to be present.
- Western English Language School is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children. We want children attending our school to be safe, happy and respected.
- We are committed to creating inclusive environment where diversity is supported, and students feel safe to bring their whole selves to school.
- Allegations and concerns relating to the safety and wellbeing of our school community will be treated very seriously and consistently with our policies and procedures.
- We are committed to preventing child abuse, identifying risks early and removing and reducing these risks.
- Everyone has a role to ensure children are safe – if something doesn’t feel right, speak up. If you have any concerns about any inappropriate behaviours in the school community, you should speak to the Principal or Assistant Principal . If this would not be appropriate in the circumstances, you can contact the North Western Victoria Regional Office of the Department of Education and Training on 1300 338 691.
INDUCTION MATERIALS – MUST READ
This induction pack contains the following documents that all Contractors must read and familiarise themselves with. Please click on the hyperlinks to access each document. If you would prefer a hard copy of this pack, please contact the team in the office who will happily provide you with one.
- Child Safety and Wellbeing Policy
- Child Safety Responding and Reporting Obligations Policy and Procedures
- Child Safety Code of Conduct
- PROTECT: Four Critical Actions for Schools – Responding to incidents, disclosures and suspicions of child abuse
- PROTECT: Identify child abuse
We value your feedback on ways we can continue to improve and strengthen our child safety approach and encourage you to contact The Principal or Assistant Principal on 93119325 with any comments or questions.
POLICY REVIEW AND APPROVAL
|Policy last reviewed||15 June 2023|
|Approved by||Acting Principal|
|Next scheduled review date||March 2025|
This policy has a mandatory review cycle of 2 years