Secondary students (aged 12-18 years) can attend our intensive full-time English program for new arrivals to Australia. Secondary programs are available at the Braybrook or Wyndham locations.
What are the benefits of the WELS program?
- Intensive full-time English language instruction (5 days per week)
- Small classes in which all students are English language learners
- Low-anxiety environment that builds confidence
- Multicultural Education Aides are available at each site to interpret and work with students
- Language and Literacy Support program for students who require additional support with reading, writing, listening and speaking
- Opportunities for students to develop confidence, teamwork, independence, resilience and decision-making skills through camps and extra-curricular activities
- Link students to services and programs in the local community
What do students learn and do?
- Essential literacy skills across the areas of reading, writing, listening and speaking
- English survival skills to participate successfully in the classroom and society
- Strategies to help students learn and work independently
- The language and concepts of mathematics, with links to content from the Victorian Curriculum F-10
- Extra-curricular activities such as art, physical education and music
- Computer skills and internet safety using Information and Communication Technologies